You can configure the VPN Out feature on your Roqos Core to securely connect to another one either owned by you or someone else. This may come handy especially if you are in a country where access to public VPN servers is restricted.
You will use the Guest VPN and VPN Out features built into your Roqos Core for this.
You will first need to receive a Guest VPN invitation from the Roqos Core you wish to connect to, and then configure VPN Out on the Roqos Core you will be using to connect. This will ensure all your internet traffic will be routed via the other Roqos Core.
To get VPN Guest invitation:
- Login to Roqos Home app with the credentials used to administer the Roqos Core you wish to connect to.
- Navigate to Cybersecurity > VPN Guest section on the app.
- Tap on "Add Guest”, then specify the name and email address you wish to send the invitation. Be sure to enter the email address associated with your Roqos account used to administer the Roqos Core you plan to connect from.
- Optionally choose how the other Roqos Core will connect to this one:
- Internet & Home network
- Internet only
- Home only
To connect to other Roqos Core via VPN:
- Log in using the credentials used to administer the Roqos Core you wish to connect from.
- Navigate to Cybersecurity > VPN Out section on the app.
- Tap on "Connect To” to select where you wish to connect.
- Select “Another Roqos Core” option, then the Roqos Core you wish to connect and tap on Save.
- Tap on “Connect” to initiate the VPN connection and you should see Roqos Core connected to the other one in a couple seconds.